Sunday, January 8, 2012

Quest Tomahawk SLCM Build Part 20 Decals


As careful as I was to match the 3/16" mask to the decal, the first red curved decal didn't match the masked back shroud.

To match the width, I had to split the decal. I'll patch it with red decal scraps later on.




The long horizontal stripes are pieced together. There is five separate pieces that have to butt together and stay aligned.

I used my aluminum angle to be sure the edges were parallel to the length of the tube.


The very thin stripes are hard to keep straight.
A strip of paper was wrapped and taped around the body tube for a straight line reference.

Who knows where all the decals go?
There isn't a placement illustration in the instructions. I used the face card picture and guessed. The face card decals (and face card decal placement) don't match some decals supplied in the kit. I had a few decals left when I was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment