Monday, January 9, 2012

Orlando R.O.C.K. Launch January 7, 2012 Part 1

Here's what the racks looked like for most of the day! Cool weather, almost no wind and lots of families.
I counted 20 cars, the most I've ever seen at a R.O.C.K. launch.
Edit: I've just been emailed, there was 22 families and 44 attendies!
Brian and Tom have smooth running section launches.




Tom Dennon preps his beautifully made GEMINI TITAN.

This is a complex carded build drawn up by Ton Noteboom.
If I remember correctly, it flew with a two engine B6-4 cluster.





My Quest TOMAHAWK SLCM got the right engine this time, a Estes C6-5.
During boost, the flight is straight. In the coasting stage it corkscrews a bit.
Altitude was an estimated 600 feet.







Ken Cooper brought his new Quest AEROSPACE ONE.

Just like the Quest website copy says: "Slow, impressive lift-offs with a C6-3 engine."





It looks like somebody finally found the correct use for the cup holders on folding chairs.

Launch report continued in Part 2 -
While I took a few pictures, all the good shots came from Roger Smith.
You can see them all HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment