Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Mercury Redstone at Hobby Lobby


I stopped into Hobby Lobby to buy some 1/8" dowels for the Odd'l Cyclone kits. I checked the rocket aisle.

There was one Estes Mercury Redstone kit on the rack. I picked it up and with my 40% off coupon it was only $14.39! The retail sticker read $23.99.

I was curious about the decals, if corrections were made. The decal was a definite darker red, not a pink color.
The MR7s were still there.

The body tube was crimped on one end. No problem, that tube will be cut down and eventually end up as my Mercury Little Joe I. My other bagged MR kit will probably end up as a Juno 1.

In the bag was an Axial RC car brochure.
There's also a NAR flier. No application but the NAR website address is there along with pictures featuring some Estes kits.

2 comments:

  1. I was just as surprised to see and bought the Mercury Liberty Bell kit at the local Hobby Lobby here in Denver today.
    William H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi William,
      It seems there was just one MR for sale at my local Hobby Lobby, and I got it. Next time I'm there I'll see if they restock the kit.

      Delete