Saturday, August 11, 2018

NARAM 60 Friday, August 10, Classic and Sport Scale Model Launch


Spectators brought out their lawn chairs to watch today's launches.

The Classic Model Judge apologized for my low static score on the Dragon Ship 7. Like I assumed, the supplemental data I supplied wasn't enough and the decal color didn't match the catalog picture I provided. He did tell me I had the highest points for Craftsmanship of all the models he judged! I can live with that.
My qualifying flight with a C6-5 was near perfect scoring 98 points out of 100.

There were a few staged models that veered away from vertical and some other disqualifications. Maybe my placing will move up.


This was a Sport Scale highlight - Chris Flannigan's Saturn 1B.
It was a three stage boost with parachutes on all stages. The upper stages had pop out fins. It was a beautiful build and flight.

Tonight (Friday, 7:00 p.m.) is the awards banquet.

I start the long drive home tomorrow morning. There may not be posts for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment