Friday, August 10, 2018

NARAM 60 Thursday, August 9, Evening - Classic and Sport Scale Static Judging



Here's the static judging high point model in the Classics Competition. The build is by Chris Kidwell. Clean work and great presentation.

I thought I was going to do better with my Dragon Ship 7 but my lack of data worked against me. The judges were looking for models that perfectly matched the colors in the Estes or Centuri printed catalog pictures. I only had a grainy enlargement of the catalog page, there's nothing else available online. Over the gray paint, my home print decals came out a maroon color. The Dragon Ship decals were a bright orange.







John Boren of Estes has the current high static score in the Sport Scale competition.

I'm very curious to see how some of the scores change after they are launched on Friday.

I only bid on one item at the Cannon Fund Auction. I won a Altiera N-1 kit (yep, that one) with a single opening bid of $100!










Check out all the nested body tubes at the BMS range store! Stare too long and it'll make you dizzy.

1 comment: