Friday, February 8, 2019

Estes Vanguard Eagle, Kit # 2193, Part 13, More Miscellaneous



This model has a lot of different features. Some work, others don't.

Here's the removable engine nozzle plate. There's a open slot that fits around the low bend of the engine hook.

I rarely use the tri-fold shock cord mount. On this rocket there was no easy way to use a Kevlar line. The upper tube is a BT-55, a large diameter so it can't block the ejection of the chute.

The parachute is just 12" diameter. Some reviews say it's too small and nozzles break off on landing. I'll probably replace it with a 15" chute.
Here's another marginal part. Marginal as in too small to bother with.

This square on my cutting board is 1" wide. Under the right side of the tweezers is a nose cone nozzle.

I was holding the nozzle down with the tweezers to paint it. The nozzle popped like a tiddly wink and flew across the room! After five minutes of searching I found it. I used less pressure to hold it down and got one nozzle painted.
The second nozzle flew across the room! I couldn't find that one. Enough already! If two nozzles were lost I knew I wouldn't have any more luck with the third and fourth. I'm leaving them off the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment