Monday, February 4, 2019

Estes Vanguard Eagle, Kit # 2193, Part 9, Stickers! I Hate Stickers!





I did use some of the stickers. I thought using the blue bands would be easier than another mask.
These blue stripes are translucent but look okay over the white paint.
On the low end of the fin can there are four blue strip pieces. These are stair stepped to fit around the round engines.

Look to the root edges of the fins. The fine point line down the root edge overlaps just a little onto the main body. I could have got a cleaner root edge mask using just the Scotch tape. It was worth a try!
The roll pattern adapter sticker didn't totally cover the length of the adapter. There is white showing through on the top and bottom.

The fit wasn't perfect, there was some raised areas along the top. I tried slicing through the bubble and that closed it up. After it sat for an hour the cut area rose again! A fix will be made later . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment