Friday, February 1, 2019

Estes Vanguard Eagle, Kit # 2193, Part 7, Miscellaneous Stuff



I tried to slide in a finishing wand dowel into the engine mount. That tight fit of the BT-20 tube in the plastic centering rings made for a very tight fit. I had to sand down the end of the engine casing to get it inside.





After spraying the eight larger nozzles some touch up was needed. Instead of brushing I used a Sharpie to darken up any areas not covered with black paint.








The upper small fins were glued onto the BT-55 tube.
Fillets of Titebond M&TG followed.






The fins on the lower plastic fin can are painted black. I thought it would be tough to get a good mask with the raised half rounds so close.
To get a good line I ran a fine point Sharpie down the root edge. I wouldn't recommend doing this, I was trying something new. More upcoming . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment