Saturday, February 16, 2019

Rocket Builds for Estes!

Yesterday I got an email from Estes Industries asking if I'd be interested in building some "show models" for Estes.
My response, in one word: YES!
Today I talked with Bill Stine on the phone. I'll be starting with some 2018 releases.
I've got that same feeling when I was considered for a R&D position at Centuri Engineering in the late 1970s. I didn't get the Centuri job. Heck, I was only 19 years old then. I ended up with a successful career as an entertainer.
I can work from home and still keep my rocket building blog and Odd'l Rockets running.
Who says rocket job dreams don't come true? Sometimes you just have to wait 40 years.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Chris! Wow, talk about your dream job: building showroom quality model rockets and getting paid to do it. But I think they picked the best person for the job. What goes around comes around. Laters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Chris! Enjoy those special builds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s terrific Chris! I can’t think of anyone who could do a better job. As a bonus, maybe there’ll be less spelling errors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I for one will give a thumbs up to ESTES for an outstanding move getting you to do some of there builds. You have payed your dues all these years an now it's paying off. Congrats Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I hope you can share the builds here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys! I'm excited about this. I will be sharing the builds on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Late to the Party, as usual, Chris, but let's see if anybody else offers you a more better: Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope they use them in the catalog, real models look best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job, cannot wait to see your builds in the catalogs or at the shows.

    ReplyDelete