Monday, February 11, 2019

Odd'l Rockets Stealth Build, Part 1, Parts


Here's almost all the parts I'll need for the build.
I didn't know how I was going to make the intakes. I should have included a short length of BT-5 tubing. Making the intakes fit will be the difficult part of the build.
The model will use 12" diameter from the Odd'l Rockets multi-size parachute.
The vacu-formed canopy is the same used in the Odd'l Fighter Fleet kits. This fantasy model will be around the same size as the other two jets, the F-16 and F-104.


This simple drawing is all I really need to proceed. Much of the work is already done using the Estes instructions. There might be a single additional fin at the bottom.



The wing root edges will meet over the top of the body tube. In the Estes Stealth kit, the root edges of the wings glue into a recess "slot" in the blow molded body.

No comments:

Post a Comment