Friday, May 17, 2019

Love Is In The Air . . .




It's Love Bug season again in Florida, they are especially bad this year.

On the upper left is two Love Bugs, doing what they do. At the lower right is the loneliest bug in town.
I spray my rocket models in my patio area. The eight foot high walls help keep the winds low.

I was spraying a model two days back. Something in the spray paint propellant attracted hundreds of Love Bugs in less than a minute!

Enlarge the picture - those black dots aren't dust on the camera lens, those are swarming Love Bugs!

4 comments:

  1. My family and I went to Disney World a couple of weeks ago and they were all over everything and everybody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike,
      The worst I had ever seen them was at the Disney parking lot when I first came to Orlando in the early 1980s. It was like a black rain storm.

      Delete
  2. I've had to pick them off models I'm painting more than once. Mosquitoes are also attracted to spray paint, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Metal,
      I was lucky none got on the paint. This was a model I was building for Estes. I've never attracted mosquitoes with spray paint, just the Love Bugs.

      Delete