Saturday, October 23, 2021

Estes Vesta Intruder #7312 Build, Part 12, Vane Sanding & Motor Mount Paint




When I sprayed the white undercoat, I noticed a few fillet bubbles. I had to go back and add more glue fillets.

Here's the back end after some smooth sanding.

When you spray that gloss white undercoat you can easily see all the glue boogers and fillet ridges. Lightly sand them down now for a smoother look on the finished model. 


The suggested color scheme is dark gray over the entire body and engine mount.

After spraying the dark gray I sanded the fillet ridges as best I could. The glue fillets still showed after the next spray coat - more sanding.


I decided to go with a metallic black paint. With the naked eye, metallic paints help cover any rough areas.
The metallic black paint on the engine mount extension will help break up the overall gray model. 



Here's a great Metallic paint, one of the few Rustoleum spray paints I will use on my models.

Spray Black Night Metallic with light coats - it is thin and can easily form drip runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment