Sunday, October 17, 2021

Estes Vesta Intruder #7312 Build, Part 6, Filler/Primer, Vane Gluing


Here's all the CWF filled balsa and launch lug. Everything is set down on tape with the sticky side up. All root edges are butted up against each other to keep the filler/primer spray out.

That's a lot of balsa!





The tube marking guide wrap matched up! 

In the picture below left -
I set the long vanes in position with no glue yet. I made a pencil mark below the end of the vane tip. I followed by scraping off the filler/primer down to the width of the vane glue line, just inside that short pencil mark.

I used my aluminum angle to extend the pencil lines all the way down the tube. 

I also extend the line over the top edge of the tube. The fins will cover the pencil lines - I can still see the edge tip of the pencil line.






You can also use the aluminum angle to be sure the long vanes are running straight down the tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment