Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Estes Vesta Intruder #7312 Build, Part 16, Clay Weight & Decals


I like to cut the clay into small pieces and roll them into balls.
This is a TALL nose cone. I didn't want to chase a clay snake around the tip of the nose cone.

Dropping in the little clay balls allows them to settle into the tip to press them in place. You will need a long dowel or a 3/16" diameter launch rod to tamp the clay in the top of the nose cone.



Lately Estes decals have been thin so I take an extra step to avoid tearing.

Instead of cutting the inside rectangle with tight corners, I punched a circle using my rotary punch. 

Punch the hole and extend the lines down from the sides of the circle.




Do a dry fit to check the final position and spacing beside the fin.







I did another punch of the nose cone decal.

Do another dry check before soaking for transfer. Note the position spacing around the rear of the canopy.

No comments:

Post a Comment