Sunday, October 10, 2021

Quest/Aerotech Mean Green Build #Q5103, Part 3, Prepping For The Fin Stickers

Whoops - Got the post order wrong - 
I don't feel too bad about it - Nobody noticed or made a comment!
Here's Post 3, I'll fix the order in a few days.



After lifting the masks - 
As usual, I had to push some high mask "bumps" down to smooth out the line. 

The right side picture shows a well rounded leading edge mask.




This led to some extra work - the die-cut didn't to completely through the clear sticker material. I had to go over the curved lines with my knife to free them from the backing.





On the left is the root edge side of the fin sticker.
This was cut right at the black edge so the print on the sticker would tuck into the root edge fillet.

On the narrower side - 
I cut the right side about 1/16" away from the print so it would reach the outside edge of the fin.

1 comment: