Sunday, October 24, 2021

Estes Vesta Intruder #7312 Build, Part 13, Finally - Paint!




Here's one of the two models I built.

I sprayed the top end on one to check the coverage. 
When painting, concentrate on the nooks and crannies to be sure you get paint in all the inside areas. 
Here's the other model.

I had to remove some paint to glue on the launch lugs and standoffs.

On the left, some tape was placed over the fairing side to protect it from the sandpaper going down the lug gluing line.

I used a launch rod to check the two lug alignment before the glue totally set up.

Here again I'm spraying the inside areas before spraying the entire model.

Direct some spray paint into the area between the two fin fairings.

On the right I'm directing paint onto the trailing edges of the fins.

A dry fit of the engine mount shows the color contrast. 
Enlarge the picture to see the fin covers, vanes and engine details.

The thin card stock overlays really strengthen the fins.

No comments:

Post a Comment