Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Estes Vesta Intruder #7312 Build, Part 8, Fin Skins



The hold down tics on the center pieces were cut with a new blade. I wouldn't recommend punching these out. These should be removed or they will be seen when the model is finished.

On the left you can see the tics after the dot was cut out.




I used a sharpened dowel to push the tic up and over the surface.
This was shaved off with my knife.






There was still a small bit left. I did some light sanding with a small diamond rat tail file.







To round out the holes - 

I dipped the sharpened dowel in some water then rolled off most of the water on a paper towel. Very little water is left on the dowel tip.





Roll the damp dowel in the hole to round it out and form a perfect circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment