Friday, May 13, 2011

Estes Saturn V Build Part 24 Tower Prep

Sorry there wasn't any blog entries this morning, Blogspot was down!
While you could visit the site, I couldn't post anything.

A few things are still messed up, hopefully it'll all come together soon.

After working with all the body wraps, I wanted a little vacuform break before working on the fin fairings. I skipped ahead to Step 13 to build the tower.

Take a look a the tower sides! Opening the bag this was the first thing I saw. You can clearly see one side is warped.
I set it under some heavy books overnight hoping it would take out some of the curve.
It didn't. We'll cover how to take out the bend in the next post.


Leave the small nozzles on the plastic tree for trimming.
There was flash along the round bottom and I couldn't see any way to hold onto them off the tree.




To glue these in place, you are going to need tweezers for placement.

Be ready, held in springy tweezers, these could fly across the room at any time!

Time spent on build: :30 Trimming plastic
Total time on build so far: 24:30

No comments:

Post a Comment