Wednesday, May 25, 2011

LAUNCH! Schoolyard May 25, 2011


I was out at 7:45 a.m. to beat the heat and wind.

Here's my kitbash of the Estes Bullpup kit, turned into an MX-774.
It flew well with an Estes A8-3 with parachute recovery.
Estimated altitude was 250'.
To information on the conversion, go HERE





This little ASP Jayhawk gets great altitude for a MicroMaxx engine.
Stability - well, it did veer to a little North.
I would guess it got 150 feet up, it's only 3 1/2" tall.
Very fast off the pad, it's a hard one to keep an eye on. But, it was recovered.




I was recovering a model when I met Brandon. He was on his way to school and had questions about the rocket.
I invited him over and answered more questions. I gave him a card with a few rocketry web addresses.

Brandon took me up on the offer to launch the carded MINI BERTHA powered with an Estes A3-4t.

After hitting over 650', it drifted under a streamer and landed 200 yards from the launcher.
After five minutes of looking, I almost gave up. It never fails, about the time you are going to chalk up as a loss, you find it.

Also flown:
The Quest powered FLIC with an Estes A3-4t engine. I'd estimate the altitude at 600' with a slow turn during boost. Even though the rod was slightly angled for the wind, it still drifted 200 yards away.

No comments:

Post a Comment