Sunday, May 15, 2011

Estes Saturn V Build Part 26 Tower




The side pieces took a little time to coax into position.
The fit was pretty good after running a sanding block over the sides.

After they were set and flush, CA on a toothpick tip glued everything into position.





The central support ring was too small a diameter to make contact with the inside tower sides.

I glued a strip of cardstock to the ring and wrapped until a slip fit was obtained.

After sanding with a block you can't tell the difference looking at the tower from the outside.


Here's the finished tower, ready for a coat of white.


Time spent on build: 1:00 Gluing tower
Total time on build so far: 26:30

1 comment:

  1. I had a similar issue with the circle being too small. Instead of building it up, I put a dab of cement on one point on the circle and using tweezers glued the circle in place on one side. When the cement dried it was still not touching the other 3 sides - but I could squeeze the sides in by pushing on all 4 sides at the same time right at the circle, so they'd all touch.

    I used the tip of my hobby knife to put a bit of glue on the other 3 spots of the circle, then squeezed the sides inwards to be glued in place. After holding that for about 30 seconds I let go and the circle was glued to all 4 sides.

    ReplyDelete