Monday, June 11, 2012

Estes Thor Agena Build Part 1 Parts


Here's the parts I had on hand before the build.

Parts of interest are the:
TA-52-60 balsa adapter
BT-52 (3.938" long)
BNC-52G nose cone
The instructions are at Jim Z's.

You might recognize some of the parts are the same as in the Estes SPEV.

The SP-28 pattern sheet I found online was a little "grainy" and slightly large when printed out.
I redrew the nozzle in Corel Draw.
Patreon members: If you'd like a copy, email a request for the Thor Agena B nozzle PDF at: oddlrockets@bellsouth.net
and I'll send you the PDF.

I'll be trying a different style fin can. No clear fins, but the fin "sleeve" will be removable for display. The fin shape will be along the lines of the Thor Able.

The fairing tunnels will be made out of half-rounded dowels instead of the balsa strips used in the original kit.
I'll be spending some time doing the Vernier nozzles and Turbine exhaust details.

No comments:

Post a Comment