Sunday, June 17, 2012

Estes Thor Agena Build Part 13 Vernier Nozzles





1/8" of the paper tip is cut off with a razor blade.
Because the holes I drilled are probably deeper than needed, I cut the nozzles a little longer than the 1/8" length.





When you cut off the tips, the will be smashed flat!
Reopen and re-round the conical shape over the sharpened dowel tip.

Lightly push the tip over the point and turn it against the dowel reforming the cone.




This is the vernier assembly on my index finger tip.
These are small!






I always make extras and pick the best from the bunch.
After a few first tries, the later ones are usually better. 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice detail....I may copy these one day, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Metal head -
    Thanks! The larger nozzle, turbine flange and gussets are redrawn and available as a PDF.
    Send a request to oddlrockets@bellsouth.net I'll send it right out.

    ReplyDelete