Monday, June 25, 2012

Estes Thor Agena Build Part 22 Turbine Exhaust Wires

Here's the start of the bend of the modified "V" piece from Step 17.

I've already made the first bend on the right side.
The center is a 1/8" flat area that rests against the turbine exhaust.

My small pliers are 1/8" wide, an easy measure.
The left side was bent up to made the "V".




The two ends of the "V" are 3/4" apart.

After checking and adjusting the wire for the 3/4" width, the right long end of the wire was cut.







After cutting, pinch both ends together to be sure the sides are the same length.
I had to cut off a small amount from the top wire.
Here's the wires I have so far.

Notice the "V" shaped wire. It is not the same silhouette as shown on the instructions. That's the bend I came up with by following the measurements and 3/4" wire spread indicated in the instructions.

I cut the fuel tank vent wire from the wire stock.
After checking back on the directions, the fuel tank vent wire is made from a scrap piece of thinner nichrome wire.
I'll wait until everything is painted before adding the wires.

No comments:

Post a Comment