Wednesday, October 24, 2012

New Knife

I usually buy my #11 blades on sale in a 100 pack, that many will normally last me 1 1/2 years. But, my normal source for the blades hasn't had a sale on them in a while.

I'd used break-off blade knives in the past, I always keep a couple in my range box for use at the launch site. For builds at home, I've always used an X-Acto style knife with the #11 blades.

Here's a new "deluxe" break off knife I found at Home Depot for under $5.00.
It's more comfortable in the hand than the cheaper break-off blade knife on the left.

At one time, I could buy 100, #11 blades on sale for under $15.00.
This 10 pack of "Pro 9" break-off blades is under $5.00. There are 13 blades on the strip for 130 blades total.

The picture shows both knives from the back.
The newer deluxe knife has good support around the break-off blade seam so it won't separate from the strip until you want it to.

I'll still keep my X-Acto handles and #11 blades for tight work and use this new knife for most other cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment