Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Estes 2016 Catalog Online

The new Estes 2016 Catalog is online! To see it, CLICK HERE

Upcoming new products include a BT-60 based Nike Smoke and the Estes Shuttle. The "Apollo 11" Saturn V is scheduled to be re-released in June, this time with E12-4 or E30-4 power. This Saturn V has plastic fins, a big improvement over vacu-form. Another bring-back is the Super Nova.
The Porta Pad II (with lightning bolt legs) is now molded in red plastic.

I was surprised by how many clearance models are still listed in the catalog. The original three PSII kits are shown, but not the Leviathan.
No prices are posted yet.

3 comments:

  1. Saturn V? I will need to build one of these on my way to one of the bigger Saturn 1Bs out there. It will also be a nice addition to my in process Little Joe II.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Saturn V from 4ish years ago has never flown. I'm tempted to build a new one and fly the old one, except the new one takes E engines and I stupidly built the old one to only accept a D because I didn't know better at the time. I'd just gotten into rocketry and didn't have enough experience to think that I would ever care.

    So I guess I should build a new one and fly it, and leave the old one on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joe,
      There are some single use Aerotech E engines and the 24/40 reloadable casing that would fit your "D" engine motor mount. I would think a E18-4 would work well.

      Delete