Thursday, February 11, 2016

Star Wars . . .

I finally went to see the newest Star Wars movie.
I know, about time, right? At my age I don't feel a need to camp out for the Midnight premiere.

I wasn't blown away.
It was nice to see some of the old characters and the old Millennium Falcon. Chewbacca had some grey hair. The location shots were pretty amazing.

I think it was the third movie where Darth Vader said:"Luke, I am your father".
In this one Han Solo and Princess Leia's son is the new Darth Vader. (He didn't look like either of them, no family resemblance whatsoever.)
In the first movie they found the weakest area of the Death Star and blew it up.
This movie had a bigger Death Star. They found the Achilles's heel and blew that one up, too.

Maybe I'm numb from all the movie explosions I've seen over the years.
I remember the NARAM participants talking about the original and how funny the cantina scene was.
This new version just didn't have the heart of the the original.

10 comments:

  1. NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I hadn't seen it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Sorry Lonnie,
      I thought I was the only one who hadn't seen it yet. If you are a die hard Star Wars fan, there's nothing I could say that could dampen your movie experience.

      Delete
  2. Finally! Someone who agrees with me! I was disappointed too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vigilante,
      Yeah, I went with no high expectations. It wasn't bad, just maybe not up to all the hype.

      Delete
  3. It was almost a year before I saw the first one. Pretty sure it's going to be at least that long before I see this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bill,
      Like most movies these days, I'll wait a few months for the $1.00 rental at RedBox.

      Delete
  4. I went in (foolishly perhaps) wanting Star Wars "The continuing saga" but instead got Star Wars "The next generation"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went in (foolishly perhaps) wanting Star Wars "The continuing saga" but instead got Star Wars "The next generation"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. The threat should have been something more than a death planet aka Death Star on steroids ;-)

    ReplyDelete