Thursday, February 18, 2016

Throwback Thursday Pic 1


Here's an old picture from the mid 1970s.
This is a convention, display model I built for AVI (Aerospace Vehicles Incorporated)
It's the old MPC Nike Patriot.

What's so interesting about this picture . . . maybe not the rocket.
I took this shot with the rocket set on our living room ottoman. The ottoman was vinyl covered and matched the new recliner chair.
Underneath the adapter is a "waffle" pattern melted into the vinyl. That melted grid was indirectly caused by my Estes Cineroc.
Before this picture was taken, I got my first developed Cineroc film back from Estes. I watched that film over and over.
Under the projector was a fan to keep it cool. I set the projector on the new ottoman. The fan cover got hot and melted right into the vinyl!

No comments:

Post a Comment