Monday, June 6, 2016

Centuri Astro 1, Second Build, Fix Mask, Part 1


A while back I was building two Centuri Astro 1 models, one in the 1969 catalog motif, the other in the 1972 style.
The 1972 model came out fine. I had some root edge masking problems with the 1969 build. I set that one aside for a few months.

The root edges were sanded smooth and new tape was set down.
In the picture I'm burnishing down the tape lines with a Q-tip. Using the Q-tip is softer than using a fingernail.




This time the masks came up clean and sharp, except for one edge. Still, a big improvement over what I had before.


I had some hints of black paint above the tops of the fins.
I used a damp magic eraser sponge to remove them.
The inset picture is after cleaning off the black.







I carefully scraped the white paint off the engine mount hook. This isn't necessary but that paint would probably bubble up and flake off anyway being so close to the engine flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment