Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Estes Interceptor Build #1250, Part 1, Parts




Most parts were good - some were just okay.
The plastic parts were very well molded.

The 18" parachute was in a pattern I hadn't seen before.
I'm building two Interceptors.
One kit BT-55 was straight and true. Good, except the clear glasseine layer overlapped the seam area and led to some problems later on.

The other kit tube had a crimp in it.
I went to my spare parts box and found a black BT-55 coupler.
I'll have to cut the tube and glue the coupler in for strength. I could buy another tube but this will make a good blog post.



One sheet of decals was bent and cracked! I'll have to add a coat of MicroScale Liquid Decal Film coating to keep it all together.
Not a good start to a build.
I'm not blaming Estes, who knows where this kit went or how it was stored.

No comments:

Post a Comment