Friday, November 9, 2018

NEFAR Bunnell Blast Cancelled - Field Lost

From the N.E.F.A.R. Facebook page:







Ladies and gentlemen,
It is my sad duty to announce the cancellation of this weekend’s launch along with the permanent cessation of all launch activities at the Clegg Sod Farm. Please spread the word as quickly as possible to prevent anyone from driving to the field unnecessarily.
The club officers will convene in the near future to determine next steps. I would like to thank everyone that has helped support our club and make our launch site one of the most enjoyable fields to fly on I have ever had the privilege to set foot on. Especially those that have been active members for many long years. I am sad that I will not be seeing you on Clegg field.
Greg

3 comments:

  1. I saw this, and even though it's very sad, the writing has been on the wall for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be curious why Bennell Blast (and perhaps NEFER) were cancelled. Was it do to a crash ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Manuel,
      There has been hints that they will be planting something other than grass sod, some other crop. On our family ranch in CA they will rotate different things to keep the soil rich. A few years of strawberries then a year of artichokes.

      Delete