Friday, November 23, 2018

Semroc Saturn 1B, Build, OOP #KS-1, Part 24, Built-Up Fins




After the trailing edge and center line were embossed - Here's the other side of the card stock. Notice the embossed lines aren't very deep.







Cut out the fin skins using a new blade and a metal straight edge.

I keep any group of small parts in Zip-Lock baggies.

TIP: I used my metal architect ruler to fold over the creases. This gives you a raised clean edge for the folds.
The trailing edge crease should be sharp and not folded all the way over on itself. Bend it down about 15 degrees.


The center crease is much sharper and should fold until the flat sides touch.
Do the fold gradually so you don't crack the card stock.
Line up the creases on the top of the ruler and press down with your thumb.
Here's the front end. It is harder to to get the fold centered over the sharp tip. Slide the crease over the edge of the ruler until you feel it slip on.
Gradually increase the sharpness of the fold.

Build time this post: 0 hour, 40 minutes
Total build time so far: 26 hours, 05 minutes

2 comments:

  1. Your doing a great job on building this model of the Saturn 1B.
    Your tips are the between the lines instruction that will make a much better looking model. I like you giving a time on each step. I have built two and and they do take a little time to build.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank,
      I hope my mistakes will help out another builder! It's a chore to keep up with the build times. I don't do a timeline very often, usually on a complex build.

      Delete