Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Estes Sasha Build #7271, Finished


This is a BIG, impressive design!
I had to take it outside for the overall picture (above) but for some reason it photographed blue! I did my best to get the colors back. I didn't look at the picture until after the two Sasha builds were sent off to Estes.















I think this is going to be a big seller for Estes. The upper stage bears a resemblance to the ESAM-58 Hobby Lobby exclusive kit.






I hit the green main body and fins with a dull coat. The nose cone and nozzle were left gloss light gray.

5 comments:

  1. Well done. Estes should be quite pleased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leo!
      So far, so good! They are still sending me things to build. Did two of the new Gryphon gliders and two Boosted Berthas, those are coming up on the blog.

      Delete
  2. Check the white balance setting on your fancy DSLR. It very possibly is set wrong. If it set to auto, that is hit and miss on the best cameras. That's why there is a manual preset setting, but that's not something I suggest for the faint of heart or those who don't shoot in RAW.

    Oh wait, this is a rocket blog. Sorry, too many hobbies. That really looks great Chris. It will be part of my next purchase, once I can justify buying more rockets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the other hand... the skewed colours might fit in with some old Soviet-era photos. :-P
      (in reference to old colour photographs of Спутник and Восто́к launch vehicle appear to be an overall olive drab colour -- but were apparently more of a darkish grey in real life)

      Delete
    2. Thanks guys,
      I don't know what I'm doing with half of the features in the camera. I know now to check the pictures before sending off a finished model!

      Delete