Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Estes Colonial Viper #1310, Finished


                                                        
                                                        
                                                        

I always like to stretch in my clone builds. The decal draw was a big chore, but in the end worth the effort.
The only thing I didn't do was paint a silver ring around the end of the nose cone. The original kit nose cone had a molded ring for a color separation paint line. I may go back and mask it. The masking tape strip would have to be cut in an arc to fit the curve of the nose cone.

The picture to the right shows the underside. Compared to all the decals on the top side, not much to see.

This is a stocky model, lots of tubes and details on the back end. Some launch reports talk about "coning" during boost. I hope there is enough weight in the nose for a stable flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment