Friday, September 25, 2020

Estes Colonial Viper #1310, Part 12, Fin Gluing




I used the alignment guides to mark the tubes for the fins. This was just a visual pencil mark, centered in the guide slots.









The fin was set on the pencil line and the leading edge marked. 

                                                      


      




The pencil line was sanded off and the tube roughed up for better glue adhesion. 
I'm sanding right up to the leading edge pencil mark shown in the previous step.


      

I set a line of glue down the root edge of the fins and set them on the pencil line - then slid the alignment guide on over the fins.
If I were to slide the glued fins into the alignment guide slots, glue could end up where I don't want it to.

It's interesting, the lower wing fins emanate straight from the center of the BT-52 tubes just like a standard three or four fin model. 

No comments:

Post a Comment