Thursday, May 3, 2012

LAUNCH! Schoolyard May 2, 2012

I haven't launched in almost a month. Out local NAR section launch was cancelled.
I set out for the soccer field and arrived at 7:10 a.m. before the winds had come up.

First up was the Dr. Zooch JUPITER C with a 13mm A10-3t in a engine casing adapter.

This model is BT-50 based and just under 12" tall.
For a small field the A10 seemed to be a good match. Altitude was an estimated 250'. Full parachute and was caught before it might land hard and break a fin.



I've never flown my Semroc JAVELIN until this morning. It was one of the first built when I got back into the hobby.
This first flight was with an A3-4t 13mm engine in a "Buchanon" adapter.

The Semroc website says it'll get 500' with an A8-5 engine. I would guess this one reached 425'.

The parachute opened at apogee. I had a 100 yard run to pick it up on the grass border of the schoolyard parking lot.




Don't know why I missed the launch shot on this one, The Quest STRIKER AGM is usually slow enough to catch it just leaving the launcher.

With an Estes B6-4 it reached an estimated 300'.

It was caught before it hit the short grass, I didn't want another fin repair. 




This was the first Odd'l Rockets UP! CUP, the 13mm test version.

Perfect flight with an A10-3t engine. It just takes an extra moment or two to connect the clips to the igniter under the cup edge. 






Today was probably the last flight of my ASP MMX JAYHAWK.

Boost was squirelly and unstable! It usually flys straight and high!
At ejection the Kevlar shock cord was detached and will be hard to re-attach.

No comments:

Post a Comment