Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New Estes Pro Series Launcher

The new (well, reissued) Pro Series II launcher (#3552) is now available from the Estes website: HERE  It's PVC pipe based.
This launcher has a two-piece 60" launch rod and an offset round blast deflector.

I've built PVC tripod launchers before, the hardest piece to find is the 3 way PVC connector under the blast deflector.

Try a search on Google for:
PVC Connectors 3 way
In most cases, the shipping will cost more than the connector!

This launcher sells for $79.99!
If I ever get into flying more mid power, I'll probably make one myself.

A few years back, Quest sold a LPR PVC three leg launcher.
It was simple and strong!

4 comments:

  1. I built this one a couple of years ago - it works really well.
    http://launchpad.hofle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always liked the PVC quest pad. Simple and worked well. Its a shame they were not around very long. I bought an older Quest set not long ago on ebay, hoping to get another one of those pads. When I opened the sealed box; it had been substituted with the new style pad. Bummer :(. If the new Estes pad was ~30, I would buy one. At 80, I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To ChrisUdy,
    Thanks for the link. I like that launcher, you can adjust the angle. Great design! The Estes rod is stationary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Centuri Kid,
    I agree, the Quest PVC launcher was a simple, strong design. I'll be doing a blog post about it in a few days. I'll give you enough information to make one. Easy and cheap!

    ReplyDelete