Saturday, October 12, 2013

Downscaling The Centuri Hornet to a Card Stock Model Part 4


The available scanned decals were fuzzy. Not terrible, but the edges weren't sharp.
Enlarge the picture and you can see the top online decal scan.

I usually redraw the decals using Corel Draw. Granted on a BT-20 body these will be reduced and most of those soft edges would disappear. Who would notice, right?
Down the road I may want to build an upscale. These are Vector images and can easily be enlarged with no loss of detail. I have it saved and can print as many as needed.

The top image is the online scan, the lower image is my redraw.
There are some subtle differences but I didn't want to spend hours looking for the perfect font.
In the end it took about two hours to redraw the decal.

No comments:

Post a Comment