Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Launch! Schoolyard October 21, 2013

I leave for a two week cruise on October 22, China to the Philippines!
The blog could be irregular for the next two weeks, be patient with the poor internet.
Before leaving I got in a quick Soccer field launch.




The new carded downscale model, the Centuri HORNET had a stable fast ride on a 1/2A3-4t engine.
The inset boost picture is just a blur!
I would guess the altitude on this BT-20 based model to be about 350 feet.


I rarely lose rockets, two were lost today.
The Semroc BATROK was launched with a Quest A6-4 engine.
At about 75 feet up it turned and flew to the West!

The parachute ejected over the edge of the field and the model landed in someone's back yard. I wasn't going to knock on doors, it was 7:45 a.m.
Before releasing a new carded PDF, I had to check stability with an A3-4t engine.
This downscale Centuri BANDITO had already flown well with a 1/2A3-4t.
With the A3-4t, this BT-5 based model was very stable with no added nose weight.
I would estimate the altitude at 600'.

The streamer ejected and the model landed in the backyard of the home at the upper right in the picture.
No biggie, print and make another.


My battered Quest TOMAHAWK flew to 325' feet with an Estes B6-4 engine.
I made sure the Quest crispy parachute was dusted with talcum powder to insure it opened.
There was a small corkscrew during boost, probably because of the open intake on the side.


I wasn't able to catch this one, I wish I had.
A second fin was torn at the root edge.
It's a simple fix on this well-worn model.

Other reviews have complained about trouble trying to match blue paint and the color on the upper decal. You can see the difference where the tail cone meets the body.

Also Flown:
MMX CLOUD HOPPER. Up and down - nose blow recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment