Monday, October 28, 2013

Hard To Find Scale Colors

If you've ever made a Nike Smoke, to paint the fins you'll need:

Fluorescent Yellow and
Fluorescent  Red / Orange

I had already bought the Rustoleum Fluorescent Orange at Home Depot.
I couldn't find the Fluorescent  Red / Orange until today!
I'm returning the fluorescent orange.



I know, it's Krylon. Some Krylon paints have been terrible. But to get the color right I'm willing to take a risk.
The back of the can label says: "3101, Red Glowing Orange Fluorescent.
Here's two other hard to find colors:

For Saturn V engine bells, you'll need Gunmetal.
That's the Testor Model Master #1455

For a Soyuz look for Euro 1 Gray #FS 36081

The Testors Model master paints are more expensive. But, it's a smooth spraying paint that covers very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment