Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Estes Xarconian Cruiser Build Part 21, Decal Fix?

Okay, I'm back working on the Xarconian Cruiser again. Let's finish this one up!


There are a LOT of decals on this one. In my opinion, some decals are too large.
On the top of the main wing are the large XARCONION and mirrored "E" circle decals. These take up most of the wing area.
Under the wing are the same decals but about half the size. The smaller decals would look better on both sides of the fins.
Some of the other decals might also be trimmed back. I won't know until some of them are in place.


Here's the two half page decals included in the kit.
TIP: I scanned the larger decals and will reduce their size to the smaller set.
Why scan the larger of the two sets? 
When you reduce a larger scan the edges will be sharper.
I did have to go into the scan and redo the lettering.

No comments:

Post a Comment