Friday, November 1, 2013

FlisKits Tartar Build Part 1 Parts

I’ll be in transit from Manila, Philippines to Orlando over the next day or so there may not be any blog posts. Thanks for your patience.
While on the cruise I wrote an article for possible online publication about how to shape Nike style fin diamond tapers.
When I get back I’ll be finishing up the Estes Xarconian Cruiser and building the new improved PIGASUS, soon to be a Odd’l Rockets kit.
This model always turns heads and could be popular with rocketeer wives and girlfriends.
Drawing up the instructions for the flying pig took a lot of time!



I won this one on a EBAY lot auction for a great price. I'd wanted to build it for a while.
The parts are great quality, typical of FlisKits.
There are two thicknesses of balsa sheeting, one 1/88" thick and one 3/32' thick.
The model is BT-60 tube based.

The Kevlar seemed a little thin, it's probably fine but I'm going replace it with 150 lb.
There is an addendum to the instructions to add clay weight. The clay is needed for stable flight with larger 18mm composite engines.
Recommended engines are B6-4, C6-5, D10-5 and D13-7.
The fin pattern sheet was folded in half though the fin marking guide.
Only one copy of the shrouds is included. Fliskits usually includes a few shrouds. This is a complex shroud and I could use extras for a backup. I'll scan the sheets and print off more.





The clay weight was just at 1/2 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment