Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Estes Xarconian Cruiser Finished













This was rated a Skill Level 5 build probably because of the tube cutting..
It wasn't that hard to put together, the wing pods and masking were the most difficult.
The build was time consuming.
It's an impressive model and should perform better with the D engine mount modification.

The Estes website says the rocket weighs 3.7 oz.
My finished model weighed in at              4.85 oz.
Good thing I adapted it for the larger 24mm engines!

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever flown this? How'd it go? I'm getting ready to start on one and was also considering conversion to 24 mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rich,
      I haven't flown it yet, it's a shelf queen for now. I might sell it (finished) on Ebay.
      I've had great luck with other larger 24mm conversions like the Stiletto and Aerospace One.

      Delete