Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Estes Paveway III Build, Part 13, Some Stick-ons

I hate stick-ons and had already re-drawn and printed the decals.

Some of the stick-ons had white backgrounds and I had to use those.
(I can't print white on my ink-jet printer)

The white spots were set onto the upper body, centered between the fins.
After the first one was set down, a wrap of tape gave me something to line up the other three.
Eight more white background spots were going on the lower fins.
I made a template to be sure they were all in the same place.

The fin was traced onto card stock.
A sharpened brass tube was used to drill and punch a hole in the card stock.

The template was placed on the fin lining up on the leading edge.



The "spots" were actually pushed through the hole on the template.

Simply flip over the template to set the spot on opposite facing fin.






My first try on the yellow bands were cut from yellow trim Monokote.

I didn't like the way they looked and ended up using the yellow decal bands I had printed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment