Saturday, December 28, 2013

Quest X-30 Aerospace Plane on RocketReviews.com

I did a stop at rocketreviews.com to read the daily build review.
A few years back, Mark Fisher did a review of the Quest X-30 Aerospace Plane. HERE
Here's a excerpt:
"Don't believe the placement dimension given in the instructions for the stern (i.e., larger) bulkhead; fit it up last, after you make sure the bow bulkhead is even with the edge of the body wrap. Even with careful work, my X-30 looks like a golf shoe."

Well, it does look a bit like a golf shoe. That did make me laugh. It always gets attention at a launch. 

You can rig it to hang horizontal after ejection. It's all covered in the blog build HERE.
Scroll down a few posts to see how I did it. 
The instructions mention it can be done but don't give any real directions.
Take extra time packing the two parachutes. I've had only one eject on the first flight. The second flight I used just one chute. The model is heavy and does need both parachutes.

The X-30 is a Level 4 build but sometimes a change in materials and techniques is a good thing.
JonRocket.com has them available! HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment