Thursday, December 19, 2013

My Estes Clearance Order Arrived!

My order arrived yesterday!
(I know, all I need are more rocket kits.)
Considering my order was made on December 11, it only took a week to arrive.

I haven't had an order sent from Estes since the late 1970s.
Back then it took an average of ten days for the mailed order to get to Penrose and back to Central California.

It's silly, but I wish the boxes had the Estes logo and the tag line:
"From the Model Rocket Capital of the World!"
Oh well, things change.

The kits were a loose in the box, no packing materials cushioned the bagged parts.
The tops on the longer bags were turned under.
One BT-50 tube was crimped and ruined in a Flutter-By kit.



I'm not complaining!
Eight kits for around $26.00? This is pricing from the 1970s.
That brought back enough memories on it's own.

UPDATE: As of last night, December 18, the clearance rocket sale is over!

5 comments:

  1. My order will be here Friday, sez UPS. 11 kits for $27 and change. Enough building for me for a long time to come. Thanks for mentioning the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first part of my order arrived today, so only 15 of the 26 rockets I bought are safely here in their new home. I've already started on the Monarch and Flutter-By, and hope to have the Phoenix Bird going by later today. Lots of new B6-4 Field birds in the mix, and a couple of Eliminators to try my hand at some Enerjet clones. I'm happy. Long live the clearance sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already got the Flutter-By built and in primer. Boy, did Estes change the design on that one! I didn't use the strakes, instead papered the fins.
    Check out the decal it looks like a bad scan!
    I also got two Eliminators for some more Enerjet 1340 clones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine arrived Monday !...9 more to build...Thanks for the sale heads up!

    ReplyDelete