Sunday, March 8, 2015

Estes Payloader II #3022 Build, Part 15, Decals

I had already redrew the decals for the slightly larger body tube I used. I ended up using the kit decals.

The black strips are centered between the fins.
Cut the end of the bands close to the black ink, removing the clear bottom edge. You won't want the clear border overhanging the back edge of the body tube.


These decals are very thin!
I was very careful but three of the four black strips broke.
They were pretty easy to butt together and the break shouldn't show.


The kit decal roll pattern fit perfectly around the (slightly) larger diameter wider heavy wall BT-50! I won't need to print the larger decal I had already drawn up.

The decal goes right up against the painted red band.
Right out of the bag the kit the decal was creased. You can see where some of the ink broke up. I might be able to touch this up with a Sharpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment