Monday, March 23, 2015

The (Smaller) Fleet!


I've been asked to post a picture of the active fleet before.
Here's most of them after I finally got all the short rods in the shelf boards.

The upper shelf are models approaching two feet tall.
The middle shelf are odd-balls, favorites and contest design models.
The bottom shelf are the shorter models, 18mm and 13mm birds.
Here in total, about 75 models.

With this arrangement I can see and easily pick out models I might want to fly. Shorter models are to the front, taller models are in the back rows.
I still have MMX on a different shelf, larger models on yet another shelf and my favorite shelf queen rockets in a cabinet.

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to do something like this. My fleet is still pretty small, but everything's on top of a short bookshelf, and I'm running out of space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rocket NOOb,
      It works very well, I had really out grown my first single shelf!
      If you start with a plastic shelving unit, just take into account the height of the models and the space between the shelves.

      Delete
  2. Chris, that Mars Lander really should be out front where we could all see it! How about some more pics of your other rockets you mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim,
      Maybe so, but I know it's back there.
      The "Shot Dog" rocket is a one of a kind and was placed in front of the Mars Lander.
      http://www.rocketreviews.com/scratch-shot-dog-by-hans-chris-michielssen.html

      Delete