Thursday, March 5, 2015

Post Launch Cleaning TIP

After six launches at the schoolyard my flat Quest blast deflector plate is pretty dirty. The soot is in a ring on the outer edge of the metal plate. Most of the flame hits and is deflected by my ceramic Odd'l Rockets Blast deflector.

One of the most valuable launch supplies is a few paper towels. I always keep some in the range box.
Carded models require an immediate wipe down after landing. Any wet dew can swell carded fins and body wraps even if the paper has been sprayed with a clear coat.

After six launches the paper towel is damp from wiping off the rockets. I use the wet paper towel to remove the fresh soot left on the blast deflector.
It's easier to do it at the launch site before packing it away in the launch box. That soot will get on everything around it just walking from the launch site back home.

2 comments:

  1. When is your new blast deflector going to be ready? Roger said you were doing improvements...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thomas,
      It should have been done by now! My supplier says he is working on it. I check back with him every few weeks.

      Delete