Saturday, May 30, 2015

Centuri Draconian Marauder #5336 Build, Part 7, Wing and Rudder Prep



The wings and rudder got a shot of primer / filler.
With all the edge preparation some edge fill was needed.
Both wing sides were glued together and weights set on top.

I found it interesting that I had to glue the wing halves together with one die cut top up, the other one down. I wish the die cutting was set up with both top sides facing up. Without surface prep (sanding down the bottom crimps from the die cutting) one half of the wing would have raised edges.


Some of the razor blades might have been a little long.
Some inside corners were over cut and needed a little glue fill.







With the wing halves even at the back, the front tip needed to be trimmed to match up.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you were ever going to sell the Fin Tool that we got a glimpse of on May 5, 2014? It appeared to me to be a very simple but elegant design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may happen this Summer. I'll do some work on the instructions on the upcoming cruise. I have about 50 of them cut.

      Delete