Thursday, May 21, 2015

FlisKits Honest John Build, Part 7, Decal Re-Draw

I drew up some decals the first time I made the MMX Honest John.
These were a downsize of the old Estes kit decals
I didn't space them accurately, there was a lot of cutting apart and moving separate pieces.

This time I did a paper wrap around the widest point of the older HoJo nose cone. This was divided into six sections for the roll pattern.
On the last build I used the spin rockets on the included decal sheet. This run of kits didn't include decals. I had to make some up.

On the left is a copy of the spin rockets from the Estes instructions.
This was traced and drawn to make it look a little more "3D".
It was reduced to the size of the decal on my old, finished HoJo.

Here's the redrawn decal sheet.
This was drawn up to look like the old Estes kit decals.
The flat side of the spin rockets got some grey shading.

EDIT: (Even doing the redraw I didn't get the nose cone roll pattern spacing right! I still had to cut them up and place the six squares separately.)

No comments:

Post a Comment